– The determinations of the Government and health authorities regarding the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic;
– The responsibility of scientific and higher education institutions in leading the process of normalization of the various sectors of activity that is underway in Portugal and in the rest of Europe;
– The full commitment of the Polytechnic of Leiria, as an intervening agent in the process of resuming academic, social, cultural and economic activities, in conditions of safety for all, and without setbacks, in the positive evolution that has been felt in Portugal;
– The evaluation, carried out in July, of the security conditions of all spaces at the Polytechnic of Leiria, with the definition of the capacity and rules for the use of the spaces and the adaptations that are being promoted in order to guarantee the safety of all;
1. The regular regime for teaching activities is face-to-face and must respect the terms of accreditation defined by the Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education – A3ES.
2. The School Boards, in conjunction with the Course Coordinators, will define the risk reduction methodologies that are appropriate to their specific reality, which should tendency include the theoretical teaching on distance learning classes (e-Learning). The other classes should occur in person or can be mixed (b-learning), when the capacity of the classrooms limits the regime exclusively in person.
3. Risk mitigation measures that involve adapting the management of spaces and access flows, the adaptation of classrooms and class schedules, the definition of specific rules for the use of equipment, the extension of the opening hours of some services and the reinforcement of virtual assistance, must be adopted across Schools and Services.
4. The activity of teachers, researchers and technical staff will, as a rule, be in person.
5. Mechanisms must also be defined and reinforced to ensure conditions of equity on the learning and assessment, in order to promote the academic success of all students.
6. Whenever necessary, exceptional and temporary measures may be adopted to promote the adequacy of the teaching regime and the functioning of services, in compliance with the specific guidelines of the Health authorities.
7. The present measures will continue to be monitored and evaluated permanently, and new guidelines can be communicated, in view of the evolution of the pandemic, in view of the guidelines of the health authorities and exceptional situations that may require it.
Inform the academic community and publish it on the website of the Polytechnic of Leiria.
Order No. 195/ 2020
Measures for the Organization of the Academic Year 2020/2021 at the Polytechnic of Leiria, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
Leiria, July 24, 2020
President of the Polytechnic of Leiria