The academic year 2019/2020 is a year of profound challenges for everyone, due to the pandemic that we are going through. The academic community of the Polytechnic of Leiria has been able to cope with this situation in an exemplary manner, revealing great resilience, dedication, work capacity and adaptation to the teaching-learning models that we had to adopt.
The joint effort of all teachers, staff and students has been remarkable, and has allowed the school year to run smoothly and serenely in the atypical context in which we live.
Considering the particular circumstances experienced by all students, emotional, social, environmental and economic, and after hearing the Schools Management, it was understood to create a mechanism to reinforce the conditions that promote students’ academic success.
Thus, I determine:
1. Students are admitted to do the evaluation by final exam in the special period to those who, to complete the course, do not miss more than 30 ECTS credits, as well as students who benefit from special regimes, under the terms defined on the specific regulations.
2. Exceptionally, students can be admitted to the special period of assessment in any 2nd semester course unit, up to a limit of 30 ECTS credits, in case they have not been successful on those course units in which they were enrolled in 2019/2020.
3. Access to the special period of exams is extended to students enrolled in courses in curricular transition and in this situation they can carry out assessment in any curricular unit that ceases to be part of the study plan, under the terms established by the Schools.
4. Access to the special period of exams depends on the completion of the respective registration, to be made until August 8, and on the payment of the respective fee in the amount applied to students receiving scholarships.
5. The exams for curricular units of the 1st semester will be carried out face-to-face, in accordance with the fixed schedules of the Schools. The assessment for the curricular units of the 2nd semester will be carried out, preferably, non-face-to-face according to the teaching-learning strategies developed, and according to the fixed schedules of the Schools.
Inform the academic community and publish it on the website of the Polytechnic of Leiria.
Order No. 182/2020
Access to the special period of exams
Leiria, July 10, 2020
President of the Polytechnic of Leiria