The Polytechnic of Leiria, with the effort and collaboration of all members of its academic community, managed to ensure the classroom activity during the 1st semester and, simultaneously, continued to be a public higher education institution socially responsible in supporting its community and the region where it is located.
During all this complex and highly uncertain time, today, we are probably experiencing the hardest period in our country, in our region, including in personal and family contexts directly linked to COVID-19 within our academic community and in the national health system. For all these reasons, it is important to provide tranquillity, stability and maintain additional measures to reinforce security and contain the pandemic, actively collaborating with the political and health authorities, with the aim of protecting everyone.
Thus, within the framework of the state of emergency declared by the Decree of the President of the Republic No. 9-A / 2021, January 28, and of the legislative measures currently in force, and after hearing the School Deans, the Polytechnic of Leiria adopts the following measures:
1. The academic calendar remains unchanged;
2. The 2nd Semester will start with academic activities exclusively online, which will continue until the Easter school break, on March 27. The School Boards will articulate the organization and implementation of online teaching activities, keeping the academic community informed, through the School’s website and the usual communication channels. At the end of this period, and, in view of the evolution of the pandemic, if security conditions are met, the teaching activities and learning contexts will be mainly supported by teaching in person;
3. Internships, pedagogical practices and clinical teaching can be maintained in person, respecting the rules in force for the sector of activity in which they are inserted;
4. The deadline for submitting dissertations, project work reports and internship reports scheduled until March 31, 2021, is extended until September 30, 2021;
5. All students enrolled in 2020/2021 will be admitted to the assessment in a special season, up to a limit of 30 ECTS credits, being this access dependent on the respective enrolment and the payment of the fee provided for scholarship students;
6. The measures contained in Dispatch no. 19/2021 remain in force, not being changed by this order.
The measures will continue to be monitored and evaluated permanently, and new guidelines can be communicated, in view of the evolution of the pandemic, the guidelines issued by the health authorities and exceptional situations that may require it.
Let the academic community know and publish it on the website of the Polytechnic of Leiria.
Order No. 40/2021
Update measures – COVID-19 – 2nd semester 2020/2021
Leiria, February 4th, 2021
President of the Polytechnic of Leiria