Politécnico de Leiria – with the collaboration and support of the whole academic community – has been able to provide in-person teaching/learning activities during the first semester of the academic year 2021/2022.
However, the recent rise of COVID-19 new cases has forced us to consider extra health and safety measures to prevent the spread of the virus, support the Portuguese political and health authorities, and protect everyone.
In line with the Resolution of the Council of Ministers No. 157/2021, of 27 November, and the COVID-19 prevention measures approved by the Council of Ministers on 25 November, that have introduced the state of calamity nationwide, Politécnico de Leiria has heard the deans of its five schools and put in place the following measures from 6 December until the end of January 2022
I General measures
- Whenever possible, the rotation of teams’ working type should be preferred, to ensure all services are kept available, except essential support services that are impossible to be done from home. Remote work and the rotation of employees should be discussed with direct managers;
- Politécnico de Leiria advises those who wish to contact our services in person to book an appointment in advance through our website or by phone, to avoid unnecessary gatherings;
- Meetings and events should be online whenever possible;
- The biometric attendance system is suspended and replaced by the online attendance platform, as previously used;
- To access the Politécnico de Leiria’s canteens and cafeterias, people are required to show the EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate attesting that they are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 or have a negative test result, similarly to the rules to access restaurants;
- It is mandatory to use a mask in all indoor spaces.
I Specific measures to come into force from 2 to 9 January 2022
- Given the Resolution of the Council of Ministers No. 104/2021, of 27 November, all in-person teaching/learning activities and support services are forbidden. It is recommended that online teaching/learning activities should be set to a minimum during this week;
- In-person assessments may occur during this week, but it is recommended that they are scheduled for another time, whenever possible.
These measures will be constantly monitored and evaluated and may be changed, according to the development of the pandemic, the health authorities guidelines and other exceptional situations that may occur.
Politécnico de Leiria encourages all those who haven’t been vaccinated yet to do so because that is a civic behaviour and we will only be able to overcome this pandemic if we work together.
Inform the academic community of this Order and publish it on the website of Politécnico de Leiria.
Order n.º 216/2021
Guidelines update – COVID-19
Leiria, 02 December 2021
President of the Polytechnic of Leiria